WELCOME TO THE WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION BLOG-WHERE WE HIGHLIGHT ALL OUR WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES--THE FUN TIMES AND SPIRITUAL WORK THEY DO EVERY DAY OF THEIR MISSIONS. I ALSO THROW SOME OF MY FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS IN. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG. WE LOVE MISSIONARIES. ENJOY!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ALPHABET SOUP

In my talk at Zone conferences last time, we talked a little about making sure they define the terms they use when they visit with investigators. Many of our Gospel terms are new to people and can be confusing. Even words like pre-existence, Atonement, priesthood can be new to them. We have a language all our own. I gave them copies of this poem and thought everyone would like this. ENJOY

ALPHABET SOUP

My son's a CTR...I go to PEC
I work for CES...I study the TG
I read the BofM...I probe the D&C.
I search the KJV...I ponder the JST.
Today in BYC... we planned for EFY.
I stayed a little after...and had a PPI.
The YM and YW ...are putting on a play.
It's one that I remember...we did in MIA
Before our oldest son...went in the MTC,
He helped the BSA...complete their SME
Soon our oldest daughter... is heading to the Y.
Soon our oldest clothes... are going to DI.
Now, if you've understood...this alphabetic mess,
The chances are quite good...that you are LDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment