WELCOME TO THE WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION BLOG-WHERE WE HIGHLIGHT ALL OUR WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES--THE FUN TIMES AND SPIRITUAL WORK THEY DO EVERY DAY OF THEIR MISSIONS. I ALSO THROW SOME OF MY FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS IN. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG. WE LOVE MISSIONARIES. ENJOY!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A sweet experience from listenting to the spirit

Two of our elders called and told us about an experience they had that I thought I would share.
They had arrived back at their apartment at night time. At around 9:00 he had the impression that they should go over to 7-11. He ignored it as first, but when he thought it again he told his companion that he thought they should go to 7-11. He said he knew it wasn't a slurpy attack because he had one of those the day before and this was different. And so they went to 7-11 even though it was cold and late and it wasn't in a very safe part of town. When they got there they looked around wondering why the prompting . And then this little elderly lady at the bus stop in front of 7-11 came hurrying over to them and asked if they were from a church. They responded that they were and she said , Oh good, I prayed you here. I was really nervous sitting here waiting for my bus in this area and so I prayed to God that he would send someone good to sit with me while I waited for the bus. She was so relieved. They visited with her until her bus came. Although no further contact was agreed to they knew this was from God. The spirit had sent them there to care for that sweet lady in her time of fear and need. Isn't is wonderful how prayer works for all of Heavenly Father's children especially when there is the faith needed to get an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment