WELCOME TO THE WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION BLOG-WHERE WE HIGHLIGHT ALL OUR WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES--THE FUN TIMES AND SPIRITUAL WORK THEY DO EVERY DAY OF THEIR MISSIONS. I ALSO THROW SOME OF MY FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS IN. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG. WE LOVE MISSIONARIES. ENJOY!

Monday, September 14, 2009

McLean Stake Conference 9-13-09

President Albright and I had the opportunity to speak at the McLean Stake Conference on Sunday.  This is a wonderful stake with a very missionary minded Stake President.  President Gerard is committed to this work and we love him for it.  I spoke about the reason we do missionary work.  For anyone who read the article in this months New Era, I quoted Elder Oaks,
"The reason we do missionary work is to Baptize and Confirm so they can go to the Celestial kingdom".  This is a great article.  Our missionaries know this is their purpose.  
President Albright was great.  He told about our missionaries serving in this stake and then shared parts of letters from our missionaries telling of exciting things happening in the field. Everyone really enjoyed hearing first hand experiences from this area.  
After the meeting I visited with 4 people who had connections to Las Vegas and us.  A Brother Ball is a good friend of Pres. Albrights law partner.  A Sis. Claudia Waite and I went to high school together and were in the same ward as young marrieds.  She had quite a memory, she said I was Primary president at the time and put on the play "the Best Christmas Pageant Ever" that year.  It was fun to remember old times together.  A Sis. Karen Bybee knew my family. She said I knew  about the Wasden Twins in high school.  (I have a twin sister).  We visited about alot of common friends.  And another Sister Young was from Las Vegas.  I visited with Pres. and Sis Stone.  They served as Mission Pres. in Greece and Temple Pres. in New York City.  They are currently serving a mission to the United Nations, befriending Ambassadors and building bridges for the church.  I asked if they knew my cousin, Randy and Ann Harris from New York.  They knew them very well. What a small world. It was fun to visit with each of them and realize just how many connections members of the church have across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment