WELCOME TO THE WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION BLOG-WHERE WE HIGHLIGHT ALL OUR WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES--THE FUN TIMES AND SPIRITUAL WORK THEY DO EVERY DAY OF THEIR MISSIONS. I ALSO THROW SOME OF MY FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS IN. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG. WE LOVE MISSIONARIES. ENJOY!

Monday, February 22, 2010

LISTENING TO THE SPIRIT

One of our Assistants, Elder Sill was on splits with Elder Metcalf in Arlington and had a wonderful experience. From his letter, I quote,
"We went tracting and on our way home I had a distinct spiritual impression to turn the car around. So I did and just sat there trying to figure out why I had done such a thing. Then I remembered that an inactive I had knocked into lived right by there. So, I couldn't remember his name. So I called the ward mission leader of that ward and he reminded me who it was. (name left out) who was from Lebanon. We knocked on the door and a lady answered and said he is not here. in turn responded, "yes he is, will you find him for us". Elder Metcalf was a little surprised at my indelicate response
Well, then came a teary eyed -------down from his room that he rented. He then proceeded to tell us he had been praying that he would get into contact with us. He had lost numbers and was thinking bad thoughts about ending his life. So he called his friend in Utah to try to get a hold of us. Then five minutes after he called his friend we knocked on hi door at nine o'clock at night.
He agreed to come to church and was there last Sunday."

I love this. Our missionaries are so in tune with the spirit. I am so grateful that they listen so intently and are able to follow that spirit when it communicates with them. Heavenly Father really does love all his children and sends missionaries to help save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment