WELCOME TO THE WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION BLOG-WHERE WE HIGHLIGHT ALL OUR WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES--THE FUN TIMES AND SPIRITUAL WORK THEY DO EVERY DAY OF THEIR MISSIONS. I ALSO THROW SOME OF MY FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS IN. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG. WE LOVE MISSIONARIES. ENJOY!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

AMERICAS BIRTHDAY--JULY 4, 2010

Well, it's America Birthday and here we are in the nations' capital. So after church we went into DC to watch the celebrations. I wanted to be able to say I had done so, since we are living here. We had a nice time and seeing the incredible number of people descending on the National Mall was something. There were large tents and displays and activities all up and down the mall. The problem was it was so incredibly hot that most people were trying to go into the museums to get out of the heat or staying under trees to get out of the sun as much as possible. Finally at around 7:30, it started to get a little cooler. We had taken lawn chairs with us and found a place on the grass in front of the Washington Monument. We visited with lots of nice people sitting around us. The fireworks started at 9:00 and lasted about 20 minutes. They were beautiful and looked spectacular lighting up the monuments. I love the 4th of July and love the feel of patriotism. I love America and I am so grateful I was blessed to live in this great land.
However, I think stadium of Fire, in Provo, beats it hands down. (45 mins of fireworks music, and a program). Glad I came once, but will opt to watch it on TV next time.















No comments:

Post a Comment