WELCOME TO THE WASHINGTON DC SOUTH MISSION BLOG-WHERE WE HIGHLIGHT ALL OUR WONDERFUL MISSIONARIES--THE FUN TIMES AND SPIRITUAL WORK THEY DO EVERY DAY OF THEIR MISSIONS. I ALSO THROW SOME OF MY FAMILY HIGHLIGHTS IN. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG. WE LOVE MISSIONARIES. ENJOY!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

KEYSTONE-WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

Each week we publish a newsletter called the KEYSTONE. This letter contains baptism statistics and key indicators. And our amazing assistants write a weekly article to uplift and motivate the missionaries. They never fail to amaze me with their ability to put together messages that inspire and teach us all. This article is from the July 16th letter and written by Elder Williams.
I will try to include KEYSTONE AND BEACON NEWS in the blog.

Just the other day, I dusted off my journal and decided to re-live the early experiences of my mission. The page that stuck out to me the most was my first morning in Virginia. We woke up early, and prepared ourselves for the next two years. I remember the reluctant, nervous feel-ings of inadequacy as I sat through the transfer meeting. Those feelings remained with me until I heard an unfamiliar hymn that was sung at the close of the meeting. “Onward Christian Soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before. Christ the royal Master, leads against the foe; forward into battle, see his banners go. Onward Christian soldiers marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before.” I remember feeling a burning in my soul such as I had never felt before. My calling and commission as a missionary was made real to me at that point and could not be denied.

Several months have gone by since that day, and many experiences both good and bad have crossed my path. I feel that I have grown more accustomed to the feeling of the Spirit, and that I have had many moments where I have felt the importance of my calling. Some remain and some have faded, but the one thing I can always count on is the Spirit that I feel at transfer meet-ing when we close with that sacred hymn.

If the opportunity is yours, elders and sisters, I hope you sing loud this Thursday, and that you pay attention to the Spirit in the room. I fear the day when I will not be able to sing the fourth verse; to not be a part of this royal army here in Northern Virginia. Cherish it, and make the most of it, you are a Christian soldier. I love my Savior, and I will do my best to accomplish his purposes, “Until the great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

-Elder Clinton Todd Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment